Want a bit of action? Try a kayak tour in the fjord - there are kayaks to hire in many of the villages in the area. There are guided tours from Geiranger daily at 11 o’clock during the summer season. Or why not try rafting in Valldalen – generally for the bold, but there are also trips suitable for families.
Photo: Terje Rakke/Nordic Life/DGT
If you come to Geirangerfjord you need some days to explore the
countryside properly. There are many and varied opportunities for
outdoor activities of various kinds:
* Kayaking – guided tours or on your own
* Rafting in Valldøla – including family trips
* Cycling – with a guide from the mountains and along country roads,
with a hired bicycle along Flofjellsvegen mountain road or from
Dalsnibba mountaintop down to Geiranger.
* Climbing in Fjørå
* Fishing in trout waters, salmon rivers or in the fjords
* Rambling or summit ascents in the mountains
* Skiing and snowboarding in the winter – Strandafjellet or summit trips